Hellooo people… how are you??? hope you all are doing fine., guess what..??? today i’m talking about the very recent and the india’s top fashion week, also my second most favourite fashion event.[First is obviously the MILAN] and that is…Lakme FashionWeek summer/resort 2017.
Lakme Fashion Week is a top-tier fashion event in India, organised jointly by IMG RELIANCE Pvt.Ltd., and LAKME, one of the top cosmetic brands in india and the event is organised twice a year, usually in march and august.This year, the 5day LFW summer/resort was organised a li’l earlier, that was from 1st February to 5th february at JioGarden, Bandra–Kurla Complex, Mumbai.
Below are some of the hits from the week…
DAY 1 :
On the First day of the event,designer KunalRawal showcased his men’s wear collection which was a combo of ethnic and western style and was titled as “The Race of Separates”, powered by Lamborghini.Bollywood actor Varun Dhawan walked for KunalRawal,wearing Ivory coloured kurta and embroidered bandhgala jacket, along with his friend/actor ArjunKapoor.
The second day of the week was the day of Sustainable and Eco-friendly fashion, where Assam based designer Sanjukta Dutta showcased her collection of HandWoven sari’s with traditional weaving patterns,titled “MAKHELA CHADOR” which was inspired from goddess Durga.The showstopper of the collection was “preity zinta“, graced the ramp wearing a red and black saree with a temple border.
And then day 3 of the event was completely star studded as many celebrities walked down the aisle for various designers and labels.
- where Nimrat Kaur walked down the ramp for sonam and parasmodi in a wine red coloured lehenga with golden embroidery and off-shoulder choli[blouse].
- VaaniKapoor flaunting a black floral dress for designer and label Ritukumar‘s collection named MaharajaPop.
- Bipasha basu in a beige gown for DuoFalguni & Shanepeacock.
- Rahul khanna looks stunning in a fully embridered jacket and fitted pants for Narendra Kumar‘s collection “The millenials” presented by BURGOYNE, an Irish linen manufacturer.
- karishma kapoor for ArpitaMehta‘s collection titled “IslandLife” and many others sizzled on the ramp.
- Diana penty worn an ashgrey kaftan tunic on an embroidered lehenga for Payalsinghal‘s collection which was inspired by “Death on the nile”.
DAY4 : Day 4 saw the Designers and SuperModel/TvHost PadmaLakshmi walking at the LakmeFashionWeek for the first time that too for her long time friend Tarun Tahiliani‘s collection named “Chashme Sahi” which was inspired by Mughal gardens & Architecture included the ensembles like lehenga skirts,Kurtas,tunics… And PadmaLakshmi was seen sizzling in a Peach coloured brocade lehenga with a pink silkshirt.
Last day of the show was a spectacular ending of the week with top and ace designers and labels showcased by a galaxy of stars like former miss universe SushmitaSen in a violet coloured asymmetrical gown for sashi vangapalli‘s label “mugdha art studio”; Tabu for Gaurang, Malaika arora for Divyareddy.
☆Finally the eminent and vivacious week was closed by Grandfinale show by designer Anita Dongre‘s collection which was stopped by Kareena Kapoor khan [walking on the ramp for the 1st time after giving birth to her first child] sporting an embroidered long white dress with a shimmery cape.
For more info:
Soo.. that’s all for today..
I hope you guys enjoyed the post..if you like me to come up with more interesting posts,let me know it by COMMENTing and clicking LIKE button down here..and SHARE it on social media.
☆For any queries or suggestions.. feel free to drop a message at – firstname.lastname@example.org